Fitness Reference Forums
Go Back   Fitness Reference Forums > FR Community Hangout > The FR Lounge

Add this thread to:  Submit to Google Google  Submit to Yahoo Yahoo  Submit to Blinklist Blinklist  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Technorati Technorati Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old March 18th, 2009, 13:28   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #1
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Name: Mona
Joined FR: Nov 2006
Total Posts: 2,012
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Monkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitude

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: December 2008 - Issue reason:  
Hot Star Amazing Arts of Watermelon and Eggshells

Fantastic art!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watermelon.jpg (27.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon3.jpg (23.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon4.jpg (40.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon5.jpg (37.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon6.jpg (50.7 KB, 2 views)
Old March 18th, 2009, 15:32   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #2
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Monkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitude

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Default continues...

More watermelon art......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watermelon7.jpg (45.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon8.jpg (42.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon9.jpg (47.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg watermelon10.jpg (38.3 KB, 1 views)
Old March 18th, 2009, 15:34   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #3
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Default More art...

Eggshell arts....Absolutely great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eggshell1.jpg (5.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg eggshell2.jpg (6.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg eggshell3.jpg (10.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg eggshell5.jpg (9.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg eggshell6.jpg (7.1 KB, 1 views)
Old March 18th, 2009, 15:50   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #4
KC - Male
FR Blog Squad

Name: Andreas
Joined FR: Feb 2007
Total Posts: 397
KC has not earned any reputation!KC has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

that eggshell art is pretty funky. I wonder what kind of tools they use to carve the fragile shells.
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:57   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #5
Freestyle - Male
FR Enthusiast

Name: Gavin
Joined FR: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 412
Freestyle has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

that is amazing! Perfect craftmanship. I would also like to know how that eggshell design was made. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Go To Top
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:02   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #6
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Name: Allen
Joined FR: May 2008
Total Posts: 142
Plus1 has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

I wouldn't put it in the same category as a Picasso or Leonardo, but it's definitely spectacular art.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:18   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #7
7ven - Male
FR Team Member!

Joined FR: Apr 2007
Total Posts: 728
7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Amazing!! For all of you who are interested in the creation process, I found a little more information at theeggshellsculptor.com.

Almost everyone asks me what the eggs are made of, thinking that no one in their right mind would attempt to carve a real egg shell. They see that they are "egg-shaped" but assume that they are either ceramic or plastic. Despite that, they are - in fact - real eggshells, constructed primarily of calcium carbonate and produced in their original form by real geese, ostrich, rhea, emu, turkeys, chickens, etc. I only work with eggs that are infertile or that have been fully incubated but have failed to hatch.

How are they made?

First, I empty and clean each egg. After the egg has dried, I use a lead pencil to sketch the details of my artwork directly on the shell. I then cut away appropriate sections of the design or engrave the surface of the shell (or both), using a variety of diamond and carbide cutting tools. My tool of choice is a dental handpiece powered by an air compressor which generates over 400,000 rpm's for the burs to do their job. Once the egg has been fully worked, I use my hands and an abrasive cleanser to remove any remaining pencil marks. The egg is then submerged in two bleach baths to disintegrate any membrane residue from the inside surface. Finally, the egg is signed and sealed with three or four coats of lacquer. It is then placed on a stand inside a glass dome to preserve and enhance its beauty. Each egg is, of course, signed and dated by the artist and comes with a signed and dated certificate of authenticity stating the title of the egg and avowing that each egg is made by hand. Many people have seen photos of eggs similar to mine distributed worldwide via email and the sender claims that they were done by laser. Not true. The eggs in these photos were not done by laser, but by hand. Every one of them was hand-carved by a friend of mine named Al Gunther, who is an excellent, creative artist.

Eggs as Traditional Gifts

Eggs have been used for millennia in the Far East as symbols of fertility. In Hinduism, the entire world began with a large golden egg and most people know that traditional Easter eggs evolved from an ancient Druid tradition of celebrating the arrival of Spring with brightly colored eggs. Even today, eggs are important gifts...
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:55   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #8
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Nice info 7ven
Old March 24th, 2009, 13:02   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #9
Fanc-EE - Male
Too Fancy alright!

Name: Jerry
Joined FR: May 2007
Total Posts: 283
Fanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established member

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

I wonder how many hours (or days) they need to fininsh one object. Pretty amazing stuff.
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:16   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #10
BenchMania
FR newcomer

Name: Wesley
Joined FR: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 67
BenchMania has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanc-EE View Post
I wonder how many hours (or days) they need to fininsh one object. Pretty amazing stuff.
I'd crush that stuff before I'd get a chance to sit down and get started ;P
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:55   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #11
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchMania View Post
I'd crush that stuff before I'd get a chance to sit down and get started ;P
Ha ha ha! I think that goes for T as well