Fitness Reference Forums
Go Back   Fitness Reference Forums > FR Community Hangout > The FR Lounge

Add this thread to:  Submit to Google Google  Submit to Yahoo Yahoo  Submit to Blinklist Blinklist  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Technorati Technorati Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:38   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #1
And35
FR Member

No Avatar

Name: Patrick
Joined FR: Oct 2007
Total Posts: 103
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
And35 has not earned any reputation!
Video what is a good GPS to buy?

I'm not a big techhead, this is probably not the right place to ask this type of question, but what GPS should I get and why?

I've looked at TomTom and Garmin because that's what people have recommened so far. What other brands are worth a closer look?

Thanks.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:51   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #2
Want2Gain
FR Enthusiast

Name: Theodor
Joined FR: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 309
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Want2Gain has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Semi-Active

Member of the month: October 2008 - Issue reason:  

I have a Tom Tom One and it works great. What kind of gps are you looking for? GPS fuction on the phone? a gps in your car?
Reply With Quote Go To Top
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:52   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #3
Buff Guy - Male
Buffest Buff Guy

Name: Allen
Joined FR: Jun 2007
Total Posts: 328
Buff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fame

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

For all GPS related stuff on your phone I would say Tom Tom.

Garmin, Mio or TomTom if you're looking for car or motorbike navigation alternatives.
Old March 6th, 2009, 15:40   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #4
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Joined FR: May 2008
Total Posts: 142
Plus1 has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

I've used a Garmin Nuvi 660 for almost 6 months and I'm loving it. It's very easy to use and very simple to program
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:12   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #5
Freestyle - Male
FR Enthusiast

Name: Gavin
Joined FR: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 412
Freestyle has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Why buy a GPS when you can use one that is absolutely free. Use the sun my friend

What you should do at night? You're supposed to sleep at night so you don't need a GPS hehe
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:33   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #6
And35
FR Member

No Avatar

Name: Patrick
Joined FR: Oct 2007
Total Posts: 103
And35 has not earned any reputation!

lol Gavin, you're such a wise guy he he.

Sorry guys, I probably should have mentioned that I'm looking for a GPS that I can use in my car. I looked at some reviews this weekend and it looks like the TomTom 730 has everything I need

Unless anyone has a really good reason NOT to get the 730 I think that's the one I'm going to go for.
Old March 10th, 2009, 13:21   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #7
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Joined FR: May 2008
Total Posts: 142
Plus1 has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
Why buy a GPS when you can use one that is absolutely free. Use the sun my friend
You're such a smartass

Good luck with the 730 Patrick. I haven't heard anything bad about the 730 but I love my Garmin.
Old March 10th, 2009, 15:40   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #8
ThreeD - Male
Livin' the dream

Name: Mr T
Joined FR: Aug 2006
Total Posts: 2,249
ThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

TomTom is ok, their products are great but their customer service can be a pain from time to time though. Not sure about Garmin.

If you end up with the 730 you get a good product.