Fitness Reference Forums
Go Back   Fitness Reference Forums > The Lifestyle Corner > Health and Wellness

Add this thread to:  Submit to Google Google  Submit to Yahoo Yahoo  Submit to Blinklist Blinklist  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Technorati Technorati Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old April 16th, 2009, 00:30   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #1
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Name: Mona
Joined FR: Nov 2006
Total Posts: 2,012
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Monkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitude

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: December 2008 - Issue reason:  
FR In shape with intellect

Below you will find tips that can help you stay in shape

Don’t be careless

Old thought: I ordered extra cheese on the burgers so I might as well order fries.

A good thought: One thing at the time. I will enjoy the cheese on the burger now and order a salad instead of fries.

Because: You get an “I don’t care attitude” when you think you have ruined the good routine. It makes it even more difficult to get back on track with a good and healthy diet. You most redefine your idea of what is a healthy diet. It doesn’t have to be black or white. You will get 500 calories extra if you allow yourself a burger a week with cheese. This will not make you fat, but your “I don’t care attitude” will make you fat.

Stop before you start

Old thought: I will take just one piece of cake, just one.

A good thought: I should not eat cake at all if I get problems with stopping after one piece.

Because: It is ok to allow yourself some snack once in a while. However, you should consider what snacking does for you if you have problems with limiting yourself. You should check if two pieces of dark chocolate is a good alternative instead of a whole box of brownies.

Your weight is your business

Old thought: My boyfriend says that I’m fat so I guess I should start training.

A good thought: I want to get in shape because I want to, not because my boyfriend says I should.

Because: Acting on another person wounding comment lowers your self-confidence. You must sit down and find out in which way your change of lifestyle is positive for you, and then involve your partner. He or she can support you by changing diet and be active with you. Your weight and endurance is your business.

Forget the seasons

Old thought: What is the point of losing weight in the winter? I will wait until the summer approaches.

A good thought:
I only create more work for myself in the spring if I eat more than I need now.

Because: We actually gain weight in the winter. An American research shows that we gain 0,5 kilos in average during Christmas and it happens every year. The summer season is never far away.

Your mother does not decide any more

Old thought: Obesity runs in the family so what is the point of training?

A good thought: I can not change my DNA, but I can change my life.

Because: Inheritance is a factor in your natural weight frame. But you have a curtain control of where you want to be in the frame. The risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other obesity related diseases is high if overweight is usual in your family. You can avoid that your weight makes you sick with a healthy diet and training.

Treat yourself as deserved

Old thought: I deserve a double bacon cheese burger after all that training.

A good thought: My body deserves the best treatment after all that training.

Because: Many people overestimate what they have burned of calories during the training. A woman who weighs 65-70 kilos must jog in a speed of 8 kilometers per hour for more than 60 minutes to get rid of the calories from a double bacon cheese burger. You can treat yourself with a lovely Jacuzzi, a good movie, a book or a new pair of shoes than eating unhealthy food after raining.

Eat before you starve

Old thought: I’ll just eat a chocolate to stop the rumbling in my stomach the last ours at work.

A good thought: I need to eat food that gives me energy when I need it.

Because: Chocolate and other sweets have low nutritive value, it gives you unstable blood sugar and makes you even hungrier after a while. You should get used to a small meal 30 minutes before you starve. It is easier to avoid sweets and chocolate if you manage to eat before you starve. Choose meals full of proteins because it gives you the energy you need. For example: boiled egg, low fat yogurt or a few crackers with low fat cheese.

Source: kk
Old April 16th, 2009, 16:09   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #2
Zodiak - Male
FR Enthusiast

Name: Joseph
Joined FR: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 299
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Zodiak has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Semi-Active

Member of the month: September 2008 - Issue reason:  

wow, that's a really great article Mona Talk about giving the motivation a good boost. You should have the Motivator badge too.

Here is one from me!

Old thought: I have to work out today even though I don't feel like it.

A good thought: I'll rest when I'm not feeling 100% and give it my all the next day instead.

Last edited by Zodiak; April 16th, 2009 at 16:11.
Reply With Quote Go To Top
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:21   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #3
ThreeD - Male
Livin' the dream

Name: Mr T
Joined FR: Aug 2006
Total Posts: 2,249
ThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

What a great post Mona. I totally agree with your ideas.

Zody, that's the spirit
Old April 17th, 2009, 15:50   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #4
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Name: Mona
Joined FR: Nov 2006
Total Posts: 2,012
Monkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitude

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: December 2008 - Issue reason:  

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:43   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #5
Fitness Addict - Male
Fitness = The Good Life

Name: Douglas
Joined FR: Jun 2007
Total Posts: 219
Fitness Addict has not earned any reputation!Fitness Addict has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Great thinking Mona. Love your creativity
Old April 22nd, 2009, 14:55   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #6
Buff Guy - Male
Buffest Buff Guy

Name: Allen
Joined FR: Jun 2007
Total Posts: 328
Buff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fameBuff Guy is aiming for fame

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness Addict View Post
Great thinking Mona. Love your creativity
I totally agree