Fitness Reference Forums
Go Back   Fitness Reference Forums > General Workout Corner > Endurance and Cardio training

Add this thread to:  Submit to Google Google  Submit to Yahoo Yahoo  Submit to Blinklist Blinklist  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Technorati Technorati Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:32   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #1
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Name: Allen
Joined FR: May 2008
Total Posts: 142
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Plus1 has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active
Cold Star Cardio for a beginner

Soooooo it's time for me to get my endurance up a notch. Where should I start? I've been lifting weights, but I feel more and more sluggish so I want to combine some type of cardio exercise with the weight training. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Go To Top
Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:36   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #2
ThreeD - Male
Livin' the dream

Name: Mr T
Joined FR: Aug 2006
Total Posts: 2,249
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
ThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community assetThreeD is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

Good call, Allen hehe, it's about time

I've been hooked on spinning classes for a while and it's been very rewarding. You could also go for a run once or twice per week.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:52   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #3
HotCurves - Female
Fitness = My Lifestyle

Name: Brienna
Joined FR: Jun 2007
Total Posts: 250
HotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Aerobics classes are a great alternative as well, Allen

Just thought I'd let you know hihi
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:17   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #4
7ven - Male
FR Team Member!

Joined FR: Apr 2007
Total Posts: 728
7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset7ven is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Spinning, running, aerobics, going for a walk, cycling. The possibilities are endless
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:28   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #5
Want2Gain
FR Enthusiast

Name: Theodor
Joined FR: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 309
Want2Gain has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Semi-Active

Member of the month: October 2008 - Issue reason:  

Try spinning or running 3-4 times a week, you will notice big improvements.
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:00   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #6
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

I joined a 45 minute spinning class last friday, it was pretty cool but the music was kinda dull. Lets hope they use better music next time
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:35   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #7
Zodiak - Male
FR Enthusiast

Name: Joseph
Total Posts: 299
Zodiak has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Semi-Active

Member of the month: September 2008 - Issue reason:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plus1 View Post
I joined a 45 minute spinning class last friday, it was pretty cool but the music was kinda dull. Lets hope they use better music next time
Did you talk to the instructor about it? Some instructors are very flexible with their choice of music. Maybe he or she will rotate some of the tracks if enough people tell them to.
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:48   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #8
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiak View Post
Did you talk to the instructor about it?
I did. She told me she was going to do a few changes to her program in the near future. She is going to rotate, add and remove a few tracks. She didn't say specifically what tracks she is going to change but I'm hoping she picks the right ones hehe
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:23   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #9
BenchMania
FR newcomer

Name: Wesley
Total Posts: 67
BenchMania has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

You can also bring your own music. You'll look like a moron but you'll get the beats you like and motivate you!