Fitness Reference Forums
Go Back   Fitness Reference Forums > General Workout Corner > The Exercise Central

Add this thread to:  Submit to Google Google  Submit to Yahoo Yahoo  Submit to Blinklist Blinklist  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Technorati Technorati Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old December 30th, 2008, 13:16   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #1
Freestyle - Male
FR Enthusiast

Name: Gavin
Joined FR: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 412
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Freestyle has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active
Icon1 Summarize your progress in 2008

2008 is almost history, here is your chance to tell us about the progress you've made this year. Did you loose weight, add muscle mass? Did you increase your stamina or reduce your fat percentage? Are you satisfied with your progress?

I'm happy with mine. I've gained 11 lbs, mostly muscle mass. I'm in the best shape of my life and I can't wait to get started on my new program next year
Reply With Quote Go To Top
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:04   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #2
Monkri - Female
LotusHaven

Name: Mona
Joined FR: Nov 2006
Total Posts: 2,012
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
Monkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitudeMonkri has a great attitude

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: December 2008 - Issue reason:  

Well, I'm not quite happy with my progress in the year 2008, it was a rollercoaster year. I think year 2009 is going to be perfect with my new attitude and determination I'll be blogging - starting today.
Old January 4th, 2009, 15:10   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #3
adnamA - Female
100% FR Woman

Name: Amanda
Joined FR: Apr 2007
Total Posts: 420
adnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular member

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: January 2008 - Issue reason:  

yay I'm very happy with my progress I managed to maintain my weight and I'm still hovering around the 18% bf mark. According to my log I averaged 4 workouts a week, which is more than good enough for me.
Old January 4th, 2009, 15:27   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #4
RonXL - Male
FitRef.com Coordinator

Name: Ron
Joined FR: Oct 2007
Total Posts: 304
RonXL has not earned any reputation!RonXL has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
World-Champion

Member of the Year: 2008 - Issue reason:  

Good job Amanda! I'm also pretty satisfied with my progress. I've added a little more mass to my biceps and my back. I also ran a few tests VO2 max tests last week. We compared them to the end of last year and I'm pleased to say that I've made great progress

Overall it's been a great year and I can't wait to continue the journey in 2009.
Old January 11th, 2009, 22:05   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #5
HotCurves - Female
Fitness = My Lifestyle

Name: Brienna
Joined FR: Jun 2007
Total Posts: 250
HotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community assetHotCurves is a great community asset

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Overall, I'm happy with my current condition and the results of 2008. My weight has been up and down by a few pounds but that has not bothered me. I've worked hard to improve my stamina and it has paid off sooo much. That what I'm most proud of
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:27   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #6
Fanc-EE - Male
Too Fancy alright!

Name: Jerry
Joined FR: May 2007
Total Posts: 283
Fanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established memberFanc-EE is an established member

Workout Frequency:
Pro-Athlete

I'm not 100% happy with my progress. My goal was to break the 90kg barrier in 2008, but I only made it to 88.5kg That's still a 15lb (6kg) gain so I probably shouldn't complain.

I want to reach my 90+ goal this year so I've got to step it up a notch, lift heavier weights, eat more and go easy on the cardio
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:53   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #7
Statuette
FR newcomer

No Avatar

Name: Amber
Joined FR: Oct 2008
Total Posts: 9
Statuette has not earned any reputation!

The first part of 2008 was great!! As far as the last part of 2008 is concerned, I didn't notice any spectacular progress.

On January 1st this year I changed my program, I added new exercises, I changed my diet and for the first time in months I've noticed some progress

Now I'm also thinking about getting involved with pilates or yoga.

Last edited by Statuette; January 20th, 2009 at 10:59.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:07   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #8
Drumbo
FR newcomer

No Avatar

Joined FR: Dec 2007
Total Posts: 13
Drumbo has not earned any reputation!

There was progress, but I want to see more changes to my physique in 2009!
Old January 29th, 2009, 20:10   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #9
Zeiko - Male
FR Member

Name: Gary
Joined FR: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 280
Zeiko has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

I made great progress so I'm really happy with how things are going. I increased the weight load in almost all weightlifting areas.

I sat down and calculated my totals not too long ago. The weights I use in my benchpress and deadlift lifts now compared to January 2008 have increased by almost 15%. I think that's pretty darn good

Last edited by Zeiko; January 29th, 2009 at 20:12.
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:39   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #10
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Name: Allen
Joined FR: May 2008
Total Posts: 142
Plus1 has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeiko View Post
increased by almost 15%
That's pretty darn good. Lets hope you continue the streak in 2009. Good luck bud.
Old February 10th, 2009, 11:37   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #11
InShape - Female
FR Member

Name: Lianna
Joined FR: Nov 2007
Total Posts: 205
InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!InShape is awesome!

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: November 2008 - Issue reason:  

I made great progress last year and I reached some of my goals. I've set myself even higher goals this year and I'm slowly climbing up there. I hope I'll make just as much progress this year as I did last year, but I know it's going to be tough.
Old February 11th, 2009, 12:11   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #12
Plus1 - Male
FR Member

Name: Allen
Joined FR: May 2008
Total Posts: 142
Plus1 has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active

It's good to see that so many people here have the motivation and strength to keep going. I've learned that there's always room for improvement and we shouldn't quit until we've reached ALL our goals.

Good luck to you all!!
Old October 13th, 2009, 16:54   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #13
kargrefs73 - Male
FR newcomer

Name: REALNAME
Joined FR: Oct 2009
Total Posts: 1
kargrefs73 has not earned any reputation!
Default Summarize your progress in 2008

I think we should log in every week and post our progress starting from New Years Day. My goal is 28 pounds by April 1st and I am down 4 pounds this week. The treadmill is really helping and I am drinking lots of water.