Fitness Reference Forums
Go Back   Fitness Reference Forums > General Workout Corner > General Strength Training

Add this thread to:  Submit to Google Google  Submit to Yahoo Yahoo  Submit to Blinklist Blinklist  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Technorati Technorati Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old February 26th, 2009, 11:33   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #1
James - Male
FR Member

Name: James
Joined FR: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 246
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
James has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Very-Active
Biceps Surfing and upper body strength?

Lately I've been more and more interested in surfing. I'm still a beginner and I don't know a lot about the technical stuff. I've noticed that my upper body often feels sore after a day or two. Is this related to the surfing? My next question would be if surfing is a great way to gain upper body strength?
Reply With Quote Go To Top
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:41   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #2
adnamA - Female
100% FR Woman

Name: Amanda
Joined FR: Apr 2007
Total Posts: 420
FR Stars: Six month anniversary! One year anniversary! Two year anniversary! Three year anniversary! Four year anniversary! Five year anniversary!
adnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular memberadnamA is a very popular member

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Member of the month: January 2008 - Issue reason:  

The soreness could definitely be related to the surfing. Surfing requires quite a lot of upper body strength and if your body isn't adjusted to the paddling and "surfing" movements you will most likely end up feeling sore.

Since surfing requires quite a good portion of upper body strength you will gain strength if you're paddling on your board day in and day out. Good luck
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:26   Go To Top / FR Forum Home / #3
Buff Girl
FR newcomer

Joined FR: Nov 2007
Total Posts: 50
Buff Girl has not earned any reputation!

Workout Frequency:
Total-Addict

Surfing is nothing but good for you if you can stay away from the sharks I used to surf quite a bit myself before I relocated. It's a really great way to improve and develop your upper body muscular system and strength.